Keywords: Logistics Management; Supply Chain Specialist;
Role Purpose: To manage day to day operations within the Aramtec Warehouse and distribution Centre with regards to picking, storing, distribution and delivering activities and ensure that these functions are carried out in a timely, reliable and cost-effective manner; manage staff to deliver service at expected optimum levels; develop permanent measures to improve efficiencies of operations.
KEY RESULTS AREAS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
* Organize and Direct operations work flow and job responsibilities within the warehouse to ensure effective management of the receipt, storage, picking, loading at acceptable KPI levels and ensuring timely and accurate delivering of orders to customers.
* Develop systems and develop process of inventory control and cost accounting to ensure adherence to Aramtec warehouse and distribution practices; effectively control the customer cash collection process from the distribution team;
* Conduct inventory control through cyclical stock counts to maintain stock integrity and through this; ensure that financial stock takes and stock counts are conducted; ensuring that stock integrity is maintained in line with the Warehouse Management System.
* Manage and comply with Security and Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards & requirements in the distribution center are complied with; ensures temperature compliance for assigned operational area in place;
* Co-ordinate with internal customs department, where required, to ensure that customs clearance procedures are complied with and legal requirements are met.
* Develop good relationship with customer to ensure high customer service levels are maintained at all times
* Manage the development of staff in the warehouse and ensure that the warehouse is staffed with the requisite numbers to maximize their capability and contribution
* Interact with Other business operations Operations Manager to ensure customer KPIs and met and act on areas of concern
* Ensures strict staff discipline in the areas of absenteeism, usage of uniform and protective clothing, shoes etc.
* Identify staff with growth potential within the organization.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
MUST HAVE MINIMUM 3-5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN HANDLING LOGISTICS OPERATIONS OF PERISHABLE FOOD PRODUCTS IN THE UAE
* Computer Literate
* Able to work independently
* Competent manager of subordinates
* Financial acumen
* Able to compile reports and basic presentations.
* Graduate or Diploma in Logistics/Supply Chain oriented disciplines.